Flat panel TVs are a great way to enjoy movies, games and television shows. My family gathers around the TV often for entertainment. Making sure that our flat panel LCD TV was safe became a big concern of mine when we first bought it. We secured ours to the wall with a mount made specifically for the size and weight of our flat screen. It has been peace of mind knowing that we do not have to worry it will fall.
Most flat panels come with a flimsy stand and if a small child were to bump into the entertainment center that TV could easily topple over. A child could be badly injured if the TV were to fall onto them. The newer thinner TV designs are even more prone to falling over.
I'd hate for anybody's child to be injured or perhaps worse and so I have partnered with SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide. We want to warn parents of the potential for an accident happening in their homes from a flat screen TV fall. Anybody can easily reduce the risk for TV tip-over injuries and fatalities if they are aware. Mama Nibbles has been given the opportunity to giveaway one $90 ARV SANUS Full Motion TV Wall Mount to one very lucky reader. Winner will get to choose the proper size that will fit their television. I hope that you will enter to win and help spread the word to help keep children safe around TVs. Keep reading, watch the video and then scroll to the bottom to enter on the Rafflecopter form.
The facts are haunting. If only those poor families had known to take some simple precautionary steps. It breaks my heart into pieces to think of all the children hurt by something that is easily preventable. I urge you to buy the proper wall mount for your flat screen TV and to make sure that it is properly installed. I cannot stress this enough.A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
· A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
· Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
· Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
· An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
· Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
SANUS TV Mounting Tips:· Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walk-through of simple installation available at any time
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week