Baking with chocolate M&Ms, what could be better! The other day I was in Walmart shopping for my cookie recipe ingredients. Walmart carries a vast array of M&Ms, even the little itty bitty baby ones called M&M minis. I grabbed several bags of different M&Ms including plain, peanut, minis, and dark chocolate.
I can never have too much chocolate in my home and M&Ms are the perfect snack size chocolate. If you read my previous post you know that I am watching my figure and losing weight. I see no reason not to indulge in a little chocolate here and there plus my cookie recipe has vegetables! You cannot taste or even feel the zucchini in your mouth but it's there, it's hidden. My children will eat these without even so much as a question, they taste phenomenal. The cinnamon in my recipe amps up the chocolate flavor from the M&Ms and you seriously will want to make a ton of these to bring places and give to people. Baking cookies is so much fun! Grab the kids if they like to bake and let's get started!
First go to Walmart and grab whatever kind of M&Ms you want to put into your cookies. The peanut kind would definitely be delicious in my recipe. I just love the classic plain M&Ms so I went with those. Next I gathered up the ingredients I would need and there are not very many, this is EASY. These cookies freeze perfectly, just seal in a bag and press the air out then thaw for a couple hours when you need them.
Ingredients you will need:
Butter flavored olive oil (STAR brand available at Walmart) 1/4 cup + 2Tbsp
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 large egg beaten
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour (115g)
1 cup whole wheat flour (115g)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 heaping tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 cup grated zucchini (small grate size)
1/4 cup grated zucchini (large grate size)
1 cup M&Ms
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F
2) Sift all dry ingredients together in a small bowl
3) Cream the sugar, egg, extracts, and olive oil together with a mixer on high speed
4) Slowly stir in the flour mixture until the dough just comes together
5) Add the grated zucchini into the dough and mix for 30 seconds
6) Pour in 1 cup of M&Ms into the dough and mix by hand until incorporated
7) Drop the dough by the teaspoon on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. I sprayed my paper with some oil just to keep things from sticking
8) Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes
9) Cool for 1 minute then use a spatula to take them off and cool the rest of the way on a rack
I love serving these cookies slightly warm. Pour a big glass of your favorite milk and enjoy!
Right now there is an awesome Baking is Better with M Pinterest Sweepstakes going on for M&M's
Pin for a chance to win one of three $250 Walmart gift cards! It's as easy as submitting your email and pinning an image. Simply complete the following steps:
1. Enter your email in the form below and click “Enter”
2. Pin the contest image to any of your own Pinterest boards
3. Visit the Baking with M Pinterest board and Re-Pin your favorites to enter (look for mine!) http://www.pinterest.com/cbsocially/baking-with-mms/
Three (3) Winners will be selected at random - One (1) entry per person.
Contest runs 12/06/13 - 12/31/13
No purchase necessary. A purchase of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. **Holiday Baking is Better with M™ Recipe Vote Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan and Ohio who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. ©2013 Mars, Incorporated and its affiliates. All rights reserved.