Delicious caramel and cookie filled TWIX Bites, creamy peanut butter and fluffy mini marshmallows all combined with my cookie bar dough for a cookie bar nobody could resist. I found my TWIX unwrapped bites at Walmart in the candy isle as well as the checkout lane (smaller size).
I used a great printable coupon on Social Twist to save some money on my Twix Bites! Click the banner below to save $1 when you buy two 2.83 oz or larger bags and $3 off when you buy two 6 oz or larger bags!
I remember the first time I had a fluffernutter. I was pregnant with my first and the cravings were all over the place. I was wanting oranges, red grapes, apples, watermelon taffy, and anything chocolate (especially TWIX bars). Sweet treats make for a sweet baby right? Well it certainly made for a sweet mommy-to-be at the time.
I should probably also add that (just in case you don't know) a fluffernutter is a peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwich. Or if one is really desperate just stick a spoon in a jar of pb then roll in marshmallows and sometimes add chocolate chips! It's so stinkin' good. If that sounds appealing to you then you're gonna love this recipe and it's so easy!
Ingredients needed for these easy TWIX Bites fluffernutter bars:
*makes about 24 bars 2"x2" using a 15 1/2" x 10" large bar pan
-7 oz bag Twix Bites
-2 sticks or 1 cup softened room temp butter
-3/4 creamy peanut butter
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup packed light brown sugar
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-2 large eggs at room temperature
-1/2 tsp salt + a pinch more
-1 tsp (make sure it's fresh) baking soda
-2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (when I measure I dip in then level off with straight knife)
-1 2/3 cups miniature marshmallows
*Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
*Grease a cookie sheet or large bar pan (I actually just lined mine with parchment paper)
How to put it all together:
1. Place butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and sugars into a large mixing bowl
2. Cream everything until fluffy and light
3. Add the eggs and fully combine
4. Slowly mix in flour, salt and baking soda until just combined
5. Mix in marshmallows and TWIX Bites
6. Scrape dough our of bowl onto your greased or line baking pan
7. Press dough all around with the palm of your hand, don't compress too much
8. Bake for 17-20 minutes (watch it like a hawk if you're using a dark coated pan)
9. Pull out of oven when edges are golden and top is toasted and flaky (it will be soft-ish)
10. Cool on a rack completely before trying to cut. If not cool it will be super gooey and sticky
I cut my bars into squares and wrap each square in parchment or inside of a cupcake paper then set in a sealed container. The best way to store these is in the refrigerator or even longer term in the freezer. It's easy to just defrost one or two bars as needed and even better to heat them up in the microwave a bit. You get the soft cookie bar with crunchy top/edges, the crunchy TWIX Bites cookie with its chocolate and soft caramel, the toasty marshmallows and that delicious peanut butter flavor all in one bite.
#EatMoreBites and ENJOY!