We shopped for all the items on our list and my sister even tried on a cute leather jacket that I just may have to buy her for her birthday! Shhh hopefully she doesn't read this post before then! The prices are excellent and it helps spread our dollars out quite a bit when we shop at Sam's wholesale club. Things I love to buy at Sam's are fruits, vegetables, snacks, and paper plates. They really carry almost everything I need and can imagine needing. Sam's is my one stop shop.
The flowers selection at Sam's Club is also quite good and so I bought my beautiful sis a pretty bouquet. We wrapped up our shopping after walking pretty much the entire store so that I could show her everything. There is an open house coming up for all Sam's Clubs nationwide that will be the weekend of September 12th 2014. I am pretty sure she will be wanting to come back to the open house, she was really impressed. Here is the link to the Sam's Club open house info.
I got everything home and fired up the charcoal grill. I am trying to get in as much grilling as possible before the cold weather hits us here in Michigan. There is just something so good about cooking outdoors on the grill. I made a really delicious steak, spinach and fresh mozzarella cheese pizza and the recipe is below using Sam's Club ingredients.
Ways I like to connect with Sam's Club:
1 1/2 lb top sirloin center fillet
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 heaping Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
1 heaping Tbsp dried sweet leaf basil
1 tsp ground black pepper (white works too)
dash of hot sauce if you like some heat
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
naan bread (Sam's sells an 8 pack!)
1 lb fresh mozzarella
salt and pepper
1. Put all steak ingredients into a freezer bag or container to marinate for an hour or best is overnight
2. You can either broil the steak in the oven or cook over the grill. I did mine on the grill and cooked them to a medium rare.
3. Let rest for a few minutes before slicing across the grain very thinly.
4. Toast naan bread in the broiler for 30 seconds or set on grill to toast both sides for a minute.
5. Place torn fresh mozzarella all over the hot naan bread, then add spinach and then several slices of steak.
6. Grill or broil until the cheese is lightly melted.
7. Sprinkle with kosher salt (table works too) and pepper if you wish.
*This would be excellent with a tzatziki sauce on the side for dipping or spreading!