This shop for Hormel Pepperoni for my delicious appetizer recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias
Today we are headed over to spend the evening with family for a supper and game night. My husband's older brother and his family drove all the way up from North Carolina. It has been since last summer that I last saw them when I drove the kids and I down to NC from Michigan. I am so excited to see everyone and spend family time together over some delicious food. I have a bunch of dishes prepared to bring and one very delicious appetizer featuring Hormel pepperoni. I bought the Hormel pepperoni at Walmart and I am sharing the recipe right here for ya'll to make because these bites are so delicious! I had a lot of pepperoni recipe ideas but this one took the cake. Our family really likes shrimp and the ingredients for this recipe are easy to put together. I imagine these pepperoni and shrimp bites will go pretty fast once we put them out, I've already eaten one or two myself ha! I have to taste test you know *wink*.
Pepperoni Shrimp Bites
Ingredients you will need (as much or as little as you wish but I recommend making extras!):
-cream cheese (4 oz will cover about 35-40 crackers)
-six pepper seasoning (I bought mine at Sam's Club but Walmart should carry it too)
-medium or large shrimp (I bought raw and cooked mine but you can do pre-cooked too)
-buttery round crackers
Instructions on how to put these yummy bites together:
1. Thaw or cook shrimp to your liking and then keep chilled.
2. Lay Hormel Pepperoni out on a sheet pan lined with parchment (can use a rack too) and bake at 375 F for 10 minutes then take out and cool. We want crispy pepperoni.
3. Spread all crackers with 1/2 tsp cream cheese, you need to have a light hand or they will crack. Of course if they crack you get bonus snacks lol
4. Now place a crispy pepperoni slice on top of the cream cheese and press lightly to secure it into place.
5. Place a cooked shrimp on top of the pepperoni and then sprinkle with the six pepper seasoning.
I made a serving platter full. It's best to wrap with a bit of plastic wrap or tinfoil to carefully transport. The cream cheese acts as a barrier to keep the cracker crispy and the pepperoni cradles the shrimp ever so perfectly. The flavor of these is phenomenal. Don't forget to print a coupon to save $1.00 on any 2 Hormel Pepperoni packages: http://www.hormel.com/Coupons.aspx You can like the Hormel Facebook page here and follow Hormel on Twitter @HormelFoods.