Am I right when I say cereal is an amazing thing? You can have it for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner and dessert! Cereals are so convenient and I love using them for almost anything. I've been loving the new Quaker® Real Medleys® granola multigrain cereals. They have a delicious peach, apple, walnut medley and a cherry, almond, pecan medley. Both are fabulous! I've also been loving Quaker® Oatmeal Squares, Quaker® Life cereal, and the Quaker® Simply Granola. I was able to find my Quaker® cereal at Walmart in the cereal isle but you can find them at most any store that carries Quaker® brands.
I decided to bake a beautiful cake and add some crunch by placing granola over the top. This cake is phenomenal I tell you, simply phenomenal! My family adored the moist cake with its crunchy topping. It's a great dessert or you could even have this for breakfast.
Let's get started! PRINT this recipe. Heat oven to 350F. Ingredients you will need:
For the cake
1 box white cake mix
2 large eggs
1/2 cup peach yogurt
1/2 cup water
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 can chopped peaches (drained and patted with a towel)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
For the Topping
1 can cinnamon frosting OR just add 1 tsp cinnamon to a vanilla frosting
3/4 cup Quaker® Real Medleys® multigrain peach, apple, walnut granola cereal
1. Combine all ingredients except peaches in mixing bowl
2. Slowly whisk until combined then beat for 2 minutes at a medium speed being sure to scrape sides of bowl as needed then add in the peaches
3. Line a round cake pan with parchment or grease and dust lightly with flour
4. Pour cake batter into pan and then sprinkle the brown sugar evenly
5. Bake cake for approximately 35 minutes or until a skewer or knife comes out of the center clean
6. Let cake cool completely before frosting
1. Spread all of your cinnamon frosting over the top of the cake
2. Sprinkle the Quaker® Real Medleys® granola over the frosting and lightly press a bit of it in then sprinkle more
3. Cut and serve!
How do you like to snack? These Quaker® cereals are also really great to take on the road. You can just fill a baggie or container with a serving and easily snack anywhere. We love to take a bit of cereal with us everywhere we go. Baseball games, baton twirling class, rollerskating, soccer practice and games, trips to the park and more. Cereal keeps us fueled.
Follow Quaker® on Facebook, Twitter (#QuakerUp) and Pinterest too.